Customers as we all know are the heartbeat of any successful organization. For you to build a good sustainable relationship with your customers, you have much work to do in order to win their loyalty and make them trust you. Customer loyalty is not just a one-off project, but a continual process that must be followed for as long as your organization is in business. You can achieve this through;
- Prompt complaint resolution: Always be ready to fix customers issues as fast as possible in order to make things right. Cultivate the habit of resolving your customers’ issues within 48 hours. If you were unable to do so, ensure you do not keep them in the dark. Always give them updates on the progress made.
- Keep to your words: Do not ever make promises that cannot be fulfilled. It is always disappointing when you make a specific promise and either miss the deadline or totally forget about it. Customers are delighted when you set realistic expectations, communicate regularly and create opportunities to exceed your promises earlier than the stipulated time. Their loyalty will never be shaken and they will also spread the news of your credibility.
- Integrity: You should try at every point in time to uphold the integrity of your organization when dealing with your customers’. Always doing the right thing in a reliable, honest, upright and sincere manner will make your customers trust you. “Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters” ———Albert Einstein.
- Customer feedback: One major way of knowing how and what your customers think of your products and services is through feedback. At some point in time you should solicit for your customers’ opinions .By doing this, you have an idea of the areas you are lacking and strive for improvement in order to serve them better.
- Doing something extra: This is just going the extra mile for your customers. They will feel appreciated if at a certain period (at the end of the year), you send them a thank you notes or little gift items for their patronage.
TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS LIKE THE PRECIOUS STONE “DIAMOND”AND FOREVER HAVE THEIR LOYALTY AND TRUST.